Sunday, March 7, 2010

Final blog post

There is no question that children are changing along with technological advances. Today's children are obsessed with social networking, online games (like webkinz), nintendo DS and any other new technology that comes out. These children, even more so than myself, are growing up with these new and exciting technologies and are learning new things everyday.

As future educators it is our job to grow with our students and with the technology in order to make the classroom more modern and exciting for the changing times. Technology is a great way to bring what children enjoy into the classroom as a tool for deeper learning. By taking their interests and incorporating them into curriculum we may be able to reach students in a new way and engage students who may have otherwise checked out mentally.

As a student for many years now I personally would have loved to be introduced to some of these tools in the classroom. The same old textbook, paper, test routine gets very old very fast. There are new ways to learn, explore and present information. At the rate technology is growing if we do not embrace it we are going to be left behind.

I fully intend to introduce students to technology. I feel this is especially important for those students who do not have access at home. Computer skills are so important in our society and students should have access to these tools. I also believe that students learn better when they are a part of their learning and have that hands-on opportunity. Technology provides just that while still incorporating something they already love into everyday curriculum.

I have really enjoyed this class and have made a rather hefty list of all the resources I find interesting as a future teacher. I can't wait to implement them into my curriculum.

Thank you for the resources! Any more you find I would love to have and I will also send you sites I find useful!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your thoughtful response to my query. I hope that you are highly successful in your future career. Let me know what you end up doing.

    ReplyDelete